Rental Application Process
Fair Housing Policy
It is unlawful and a violation of company policy to discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status, or to refuse to show, rent, negotiate, or otherwise make unavailable any rental unit.
All applicants must pass through a screening process: Please do not leave anything blank. If it does not apply to you, mark “N/A”. We will need a COMPLETED application for each adult (anyone 18 years of age and older) occupying the property. (Applications are taken on a first come first serve basis.) All prospective occupants will be qualified on the following four criteria:
1. Employment and Income
Employment must be current and verifiable for a minimum of one (1) year. Income must be verifiable and equaling three (3) times annual monthly rent. Verifiable income includes as confirmed by employer, trust officer, tax returns, or other satisfactory documentation as required. Each roommate should earn 1 ½ times the rent. If one or more roommate(s) do not, at least one roommate must meet the three (3) times requirement.
2. Credit History
All Applicant must have acceptable credit history. To determine satisfactory credit worthiness, we run a credit report through a Resident Screening Program. All applicants must have at least 75% positive credit. No credit history, will be considered good credit history. No open bankruptcies will be considered.
3. Rental History
Must have a minimum of one (1) year verifiable positive rental/residence history and non-negative rental history for the previous five (5) years.
4. Criminal History
- All Applicants must meet our Criminal History Criteria.
- Applicants must have no felony convictions less than 10 years old which involve violent crimes or crimes which involve the manufacturing or distribution of drugs in any manner. Example of violent crimes include violent crimes against persons or property, including, but not limited to, murder, arson, kidnapping, assault, bomb related offenses, robbery or burglary, or terrorism.
- All other felony convictions must be more than 5 years old.
- Conviction of any drug related offenses involving possession only, or alcohol related offenses where no one was permanently injured or killed, must be at least 2 years old. Successful completion of any felony sentence at least 2 years ago and no new criminal activity for at least 2 years before this application is required.
- No Applicant with any outstanding warrants or crime that is awaiting trial will be accepted. If the Applicant would like management to review additional information regarding the felony conviction or the current arrest or warrant as part of their rental application, the applicant is permitted and encouraged to submit that information to management along with their application. Management will review that information on a case by case basis.
APPLICANTS MAY BE DENIED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Prior or pending eviction.
- Foreclosures within the past three (3) years with unresolved judgment.
- Monies owed to an apartment community or landlord.
- Bankruptcy in the last six (6) years or pending Bankruptcy.
- Registered sex offenders will automatically be denied.
- Falsifying information on application
If an applicant fails to meet any one of the above four (4) criteria, the applicant may be asked to pay additional security deposit up to, but not exceeding 1 ½ times the rent or given the option of obtaining a co-signer (who must also meet above criteria). If the applicant fails to meet two of the four criteria, applicant will be required to pay full 1 ½ times the month’s rent in security deposit AND have a co-signer.
PET AND ANIMAL POLICIES
We encourage healthy and responsible pet interactions for all residents, and we strive to create a community that welcomes everyone and ensures a pet-responsible environment. We use a third-party pet application service that is simple and secure while storing your pet’s information in one place. This service makes it easy for pet owners to share their animal records with their housing provider, pet groomers, doggy daycares, dog walkers, pet sitters, vets, pet friendly hotels, and more. All applicants need to create a pet profile, even if you do not have a pet.
Applicants without pets must complete the online affidavit, while Pet Owners should gather the following information prior to starting the process:
- Vaccination Records
- Microchip Information
- Photos of Your Pet
- All animals, including assistive animals, must be disclosed.
- You must first fill out a separate Pet Screening application for each animal.
- This applies to any animal that will occupy the home, including service animals, therapy animals, emotional support animals, etc.
- No fee applies for service animals.
- First animal is $20 to register, additional animal $15 (these fees are non-refundable).
- Pet Screening is an independent third-party animal screening service. Please follow this link to the animal application. Pet Screening
Your pet screening “paw score” will determine the amount of additional monthly Pet Rent which is paid per animal if application is accepted by the owner. This score is determined using a proprietary formula that takes into account things like animal age, weight, vaccination records, etc.
The following are the animal rent amounts if accepted by the owner and will be added to the currently advertised rental amount:
- Female cats must be fixed and declawed or fixed and outdoor only.
- No male cats are allowed.
- All animals must be approved by the Owner regardless of paw score and carry a specific liability policy naming the owner and West USA Realty as added insured parties.
*THIS CRITERIA DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY ASSISTIVE ANIMAL.
Tenants shall ensure that all animals(s) are well behaved and shall not allow the animals(s) to disturb any other residents or neighbors. Tenant to ensure the animal(s) cause no damage to the property. Tenant agrees the animal(s) shall only be walked on a leash and only in areas so designated by the Owner/Landlord and the Homeowners’ Association.
Tenant will be responsible for any and all damages caused by the animal(s) on the property or in the community and will indemnify and hold harmless Owner/Landlord/Management for, from and against any and all claims arising because of the animal(s). Tenant agrees that the animal(s) will be licensed in accordance with all applicable governmental provisions. Owner/Landlord and/or Management reserve the right to require Tenant to immediately remove the animal(s) at any time upon any violation of Tenant of these rules.
Fair Housing Policy
It is unlawful and a violation of company policy to discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status, or to refuse to show, rent, negotiate or otherwise make unavailable any rental unit.